As the title of this post suggests,
I got a job yesterday!!!
It’s a full-time office job located 15 minutes from where I’m living. $14.50/hour, 40 hrs/week, paid every week. They offer health insurance and a 401k. (I’ve never been offered benefits before!) They’re really flexible about needing time off for appointments and I can make up the time lost. After a year of working there, I’d get a week of paid vacation. (Which alternate universe did I jump into??)
I owe the friend that recommended me to them, big time. And a Lannister always pays their debts.
I can do things now.
I am most excited about getting this job because it means I can do things, like:
- buy groceries
- apply to refinance my private loan to a lower interest rate
- get my car fixed
- bike to work once the weather warms up
- attend dance weekends & events
- progress on my costuming without excessive worrying about cost
- save for an apartment & move out! (Hoping this one happens this coming fall)
- sign up for the farm share again this summer (will literally be working down the road from the farm)
- send my winter coat to the dry cleaner’s (it’s wool, or I’d wash it myself)
- buy myself new sneakers in the spring
- bring Holly to the vet, should she need to go
- go to the chiropractor without excessive worrying about cost
- bring my dance boots to the cobbler for repairs
If things progress smoothly, my starting date is Feb. 27th.