Life got crazy again, but a good crazy? I was able to take the TA position at the local community college, on the condition that I work as many extra hours at Yankee as I can. My schedule is now:
- MWF at Yankee Candle for some 10-hour shift (because more than that would melt my brain)
- TTh at GCC for 4 hours each day
This is great, because:
- It puts variety back into my schedule.
- I have a couple days during the week in which I can run errands.
- There’s a lovely opportunity for swimming at the YMCA after work on Tuesdays.
- There’s more time to hang out with my bestie Thursday nights.
- The potential for more sleep-hours.
Anyway, I’m really digging this craziness. I now have three part-time jobs (if you include tutoring, which I still do by appointment), which is lending itself to a MUCH larger bank balance than I’m used to. In fact, I had a weird realization last night that I could actually purchase the book and tarot deck that I’ve wanted for awhile, because I actually have money. Now I just need to remind myself to hoard it like a dragon hoards gold…
I’ve been in an unusually good mood today. I’m not sure exactly why or how this came about, but I’m trying to not be too suspicious of a good thing.
Another realization: I think I actually enjoy programming. I’m learning Arduino for the TA job, and I really like it.
Fall is my favorite season, and Samhain / Halloween is my favorite holiday. I wish I’d had more time to celebrate and do pagan-y witch-y stuff, but I took some notes from this website for future reference. There were some things I hadn’t thought of that I’d like to try out next year.
I did manage to do some reflecting on my Warrior Goals for the coming year. (For a description of Warrior Goals, etc., read my previous posts reviewing the book Full Contact Magick.) Samhain is the time for “decisions, resolutions, objectives; divination to chart a path and predict coming influences,” so here are the objectives that I feel I can realistically commit to:
- Get my sewing business going
- Decide what I’m doing with myself (teaching? engineering? renewables? paper-pushing?).
- Continue with plan to Move Out
- Continue working to maximize health (nutrition, exercise, etc.).
- Continue spiritual growth and learning.
I would do some tarot divination to help chart my path, but I think I’ll have to make up my own spread for this, and for that I’m going to wait to get my Deck of 1000 Spreads (ordered from B&N last night). I feel like I have a lot of options and a lot of potentials right now, so having the Deck as a framework for my readings feels like a good idea.
That’s what it is. My life got really crazy, but the good kind of chaos, where I can feel a lot of Potential stirring around in the chaos, sort of waiting…