I saw the nutritionist again yesterday. My goals for the next few weeks include:
- Continue walking every day; Look at options for swimming.
- Consider measuring portions of high-sugar / high-calorie things like raisins & peanut butter.
- Divide junk food items (like chocolate bars & pints of ice cream) into portions, before I start eating them, so I don’t eat the whole thing.
- Buy more non-starchy vegetables (broccoli, leafy greens, salad, celery) and protein (cottage cheese, hard-boiled eggs).
- Get my friends on-board with limiting my sugar intake. (Example: July 4th, where I had an absurd number of s’mores and got a bit of a sugar-high at a friend’s party.)
The good news is that I got on the scale in her office, and it said 264.4 lbs. That’s over 3 lbs down from when I saw my doctor in May! I must keep this trend going!