Theme for 2018: Perseverance (finishing what I start) and Love? (While I adore The Last Jedi, it left me feeling profoundly lonely — It’s been about seven years since my last relationship…) Sure, Perseverance and Love.
How do I want to evolve and grow? What kind of person do I want to be at this time next year?
- I want to be happier (not as cynical).
- I want to be proud of the things I’ve accomplished.
- I want to be clean of my sugar addiction.
- I want to continue repairing my relationship with my father
- I want to have tried new things (new exercise classes, new dance events, etc.)
What areas do I want to focus on?
Health (for me & Holly)
- Give up carbs for 2018 — You did it in October, you can do it again. (Exceptions: sushi, Hidden Valley ranch salad dressing, ketchup, Emergen-C, and maybe a few other things…)
- Sleep = 11 pm to 6 am
- PT exercises (15 min, twice a day), because I’m tired of hurting all the time. Also, 15 min is only 1.04% of the day.
- Various exercise — FitLife Center / trainer appts? Elliptical, Swimming, Weights. Investigate tai chi, Bollywood, ballroom lessons
- Schedule showers in calendar (because the shortest shower I’ve ever taken was 20 min.)
- Weigh-Ins every Sunday (Starting with Dec. 31)
- Conscientious use of food diary app
- Initial goal of 5,000 steps / day (FitBit) — Keep it attainable…
- Priority List (testing organizational plan with index cards in a box, with supplies lists and color coding…)
- Dedicated Craft Time
- Finish things I’ve started before initiating new project(s)… No matter how excited I am to start a new thing, I have to practice finishing things too.
- Regular cleaning / decluttering / decorating time (apartment maintenance)
- Plan Sabbat / Esbat rituals & ceremonies
- Study! (Lots of books to read)
- Practice (tarot readings, spell casting, herbs, etc.)
Meals Planning / Food Framework:
Breakfast = 3 eggs (with some salt) and a package of SteamFresh Veg (rotation of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, green beans, and creamed spinach). The creamed/cheesy spinach is my favorite.
Dinner = a huge plate of salad (spinach or leaf mix) and a meat
Lunch / Snacks =
- Cottage cheese
- 2 cans of tuna with mayo, soy sauce, & shredded cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Peanut butter with carrot & celery sticks
- Mixed veg (Getting more veg into my day will be the hard part…)
- Optimize iPad calendar use. Put ALL THE THINGS on it, including some daily snuggle time with my kitty.
- Keep the fridge stocked with good food; Regular grocery shopping!
- Follow the calendar for time use! (Srsly, what’s the point of making the plan if you’re not gonna follow it?)